Designate Users: Overview
Select the [Users] navigation tab from the top navigation bar, and then select the [Designate Users] action tab to open the Designate Users screen (figure 1).
Figure 1. Designate Users Navigation
Use the Designate Users screen to designate LEA coordinators for the upcoming test administration year.
- Quick Instructions—Listed instructions for designating users and contacts.
- Designate Users for Upcoming Administration—Select the organization for which to designate LEA coordinators for the upcoming test administration year.
- Designate Users—Designate LEA coordinators as the primary coordinator or a new coordinator for the upcoming test administration year.
- Contact Type—View a list of special education coordinators and technology coordinators for the upcoming test administration year.
- Add or Edit Contacts—Edit or add special education coordinators or technology coordinators for the upcoming test administration year.
To designate an LEA coordinator:
- Select the correct organization from the drop-down list, and then select the [CONTINUE] button.
- If no LEA coordinators have been associated, add the users and associate them with the selected organization.
- Two lists will be displayed, one for CAASPP and one for ELPAC, showing the associated coordinators. Using the check boxes, select one primary user for each assessment area. Each list can have only one primary coordinator.
- If a coordinator is new to the role for the upcoming administration, check the “New” box, in the second column.
- Select [Save] at the bottom of the page.
To add a contact type:
- Select [Add New Contact].
- Complete the fields. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields.
- Select [Save].
To display the [Designate]tab of the Designate Users screen, choose an organization—or use the default—and then select the [CONTINUE] button (figure 2).
Figure 2. Designate Users for Upcoming Administration
Use the [Designate] tab of the Designate Users screen (figure 3) to associate LEA CAASPP coordinators or LEA ELPAC coordinators for the selected organization with the current test administration year or the next test administration year. Table 1 describes the fields on the screen.
Follow the instructions on the screen to add a new user or assign the role of LEA coordinator.
- When the organization does not have LEA coordinators associated with it, the [Add Users] link is available to add users and associate them with the selected organization.
- The [Users View & Edit] link is available to associate an existing user with the selected organization.
- When the organization already has LEA coordinators associated with it, the screen displays a list of new users and existing users. This list is divided into two sections, one for LEA CAASPP coordinators and the other for LEA ELPAC coordinators. Designations, which are shown in the current administration year and the next and can be edited, are as follows:
- Primary LEA Coordinator—When selected, this indicates that the user is designated as the primary LEA coordinator.
- New LEA Coordinator—When selected, this indicates that the user is designated as a new LEA coordinator and may require training.
- To save changes for all users listed, select the [SAVE] button.
- After a confirmation pop-up box is displayed, select the [CLOSE] button.
Figure 3. Designate Tab
The coordinator's last name, followed by the first name.
The coordinator's email address.
2019–20 For Current Admin, Designate as:
Each coordinator's designation for the current administration year. The choices are:
2020–21 For Next Admin, Designate as:
The designation selected for each coordinator for the next administration year. The choices are:
Superintendents can use the [Contact Type] tab to create, update, or delete coordinators for their organization (figure 4).
Figure 4. Contact Type Tab
The user can take two actions:
- Use the pencil  icon to go to the Add or Edit Contact screen, where the demographic information for this contact is displayed.
- Use the trash can  icon to remove the contact's association with the organization.
To create a new contact, select the [ADD NEW CONTACT] button.
- From the [Contact Type] tab (figure 4),
- To save changes, select the [SAVE] button. Otherwise:
- Select the [CLEAR] button to clear all changes and begin again.
- Select the [CANCEL] button to close the screen without saving changes.
Figure 5. Add or Edit Contacts