Support for the CAASPP Assessments
The CAASPP website is the home for all CAASPP System assessments.
For questions regarding the online testing system or for additional assistance:
- LEA CAASPP coordinators should contact CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954, by email at email@example.com, or by using the chat function linked on the CAASPP website.
- CAASPP test site coordinators should contact their LEA CAASPP coordinator.
- Test administrators, test examiners, and other school personnel should contact their CAASPP test site coordinator.
CalTAC is open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. During these hours, staff will respond promptly to calls.
When contacting CalTAC, provide the representative with as much detail as possible about the issue(s) encountered and the system on which it occurred, including the following:
- the type of device being used for the test;
- any error messages that appeared (code and description);
- operating system and browser (web browser or secure browser) information;
- network configuration information;
- contact information for follow-up, including an email address and phone number;
- the test session ID; and
- any relevant and authorized student and school information, including SSID, grade level, content area, and PT or CAT (also known as a non-PT test).
Use the CalTAC Contact Log for LEA CAASPP Coordinators, a Microsoft Word form, that has been posted to the Contact Us web page on the CAASPP website for internal use in tracking the questions and issues associated with calls to CalTAC.
CalTAC may be contacted by LEA CAASPP coordinators for situations and questions that include the following:
- The testing environment is down or unavailable.
- User accounts are not available, or users are not able to administer tests.
- Student information is incorrect or missing.
- There is difficulty when loading student test settings into TOMS.
- There are questions about or help is needed with STAIRS or Appeals functionality.
- Help is needed to prepare for online testing—downloading the secure browser, etc.
- Tests are incorrectly showing as available when students log on to begin testing.
- Password resets are needed for LEA users.
- Student test settings are not presenting as intended.