Introduction to the User Guide
This user guide provides guidance on the overall process of the CAASPP interim assessment administration. This user guide supports any LEA personnel who administer the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments, LEA personnel who use the IAHSS to score Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment responses, and staff members who access and use CERS.
Organization of the User Guide
The following bulleted list contains brief descriptions of key concepts discussed in each section of this user guide.
- What's New
- Interim Assessment Viewing System
- View all Interim Comprehensive Assessments
- View all Interim Assessment Blocks
- Interim Assessment Administration
- Interim assessment administration and monitoring
- Student assessment accessibility resources
- Understanding the student testing site
- Remote Administration Options
- How to Administer Interim Assessments Remotely
- Remote Testing Features
- Common Icons and Troubleshooting Tips
- Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System
- Overview of the IAHSS
- Using the IAHSS to hand score interim assessments containing constructed-responses or performance tasks
- Scoring status types
- California Educator Reporting System
- Features of the system
- Accessing CERS
- Understanding data security and privacy
- Register users to administer interim assessments and view student reports and downloads (TOMS)
- Definitions of reporting terms
- Technical Support
Table 1 describes the new features for 2021–22.
|New focused IABs||There are 38 new focused IABs that have been released for the 2021–22 school year.|
|Chat features in the TDS for remote administration||This feature allows test administrators to use a [Copy to Clipboard] button for copied text to be pasted into a remote testing dialog box between the administrator and the student.|
|Enhancements to the Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System||
Column headers will remain when scorers scroll down to view available responses.
Date and time are included each time a response is received in the hand scoring system.
|Interim assessments for distance learning||Interim assessments are available to be administered remotely through the 2021–22 school year.|