Overview of Test Rules and Navigation
This chapter provides instructions for TEs and designated staff to use when entering scores or student responses into the DEI.
- Item score and response entries can be reviewed and edited before submitting the test.
- A score or response entry may be left blank for any of the tests that must be entered into the DEI. If any of the scores or responses have been skipped—as indicated by a red triangle on the Data Entry Summary screen—return to those items and verify whether the item was intentionally skipped by the student. If not, enter the missing information before the test is submitted.
- If an item score or response was skipped unintentionally and the test was mistakenly submitted for scoring, the LEA ELPAC coordinator or site ELPAC coordinator should file a STAIRS case to reopen the test in the DEI so that the scores or responses can be entered. Refer to the Correcting DEI Entries section in this manual for steps on submitting this Appeal.
- If a student’s scores or responses need to be completely reentered, the LEA ELPAC coordinator or site ELPAC coordinator should enter a STAIRS case to reset the test in the DEI so that the scores or responses can be reentered. Refer to the Correcting DEI Entries section in this manual for steps on submitting a Reset Appeal.
- If the Mark as No Response option is selected from the context menu, the answer choices are grayed out and cannot be selected. By deselecting the Mark as No Response option, the answer choices will be available for selecting again.
- All scores and responses must be entered before the end of the ELPAC testing window.
- If a student moves to a different school, all scores and responses along with the Student Score Sheet or test materials would need to be sent to the new school to enter in the DEI. The new school will be able to enter these scores and responses into the DEI, whereas the previous school will not.